Move-In Information and Volunteer Sign-Up!
For the most up-to-date move-in information, visit our University Housing website.
- Summer School transition to Fall Assignment: August 6
- Early Arrivals: August 12
- Staff Rest Days (No Move-Ins): August 13-14
- Special Populations (RLCs) & Student Employees: August 15
- First Year Move-In: August 16-18
- No Scheduled Move-Ins: August 19
- Upper Class Move-In: August 20-21
- August 15-18 (night they move in) - time is flexible based off of Welcome Week programming
- New Students - meet your neighbors and Resident Assistant (RA)
- August 22 (first day of class) - Time flexible
- New Students - community standards meeting
- Returning Students - community building and community standards
Student Affairs Staff volunteers would help in the New River parking lot, talking to students and parents/guardians, providing information about check-in, and helping direct cars. There will be a training session prior to Move-In to answer any questions. Community and student volunteers will help students move their items into the halls. ROTC, Parking & Transportation, and the Appalachian Police Department will direct traffic and assist with parking at the halls.