Campus Climate Study
Help Increase Students' Response Rate for the Campus Climate Study
App State has launched its first Campus Climate Survey for employees and students. Currently, only 3% of all Appalachian students have taken the survey, and we need your help to increase students’ response rate.
Here are three strategies you can use to help increase their response rate:
- Help Students Make Time. The best gift is the gift of time! Help students find time to take the survey.
- Do you teach a class? Create 15 minutes during class for students to have time to take the survey. You can use the Campus Climate Survey Overview Slides.
- Do you advise a student organization? Encourage your student leaders to add time to their agenda for members to take it. You can use the Campus Climate Survey Overview Slides or the 1-Page Campus Climate Survey Overview.
- Do you supervise student employees or volunteers? If your students have down time with their work, encourage them to take time and complete the survey.
2. Put Flyers in Common Spaces
- Do you have an office lobby? Print 1-Page Campus Climate Survey Overview and put it on tables in your lobby.
- Do you have an individual office? Print 1-Page Campus Climate Survey Overview and hang it on your door.
3. Talk it Up. Find all the spaces you can to verbally encourage Mountaineers to participate - students in particular!