Did you Miss the Diversity Celebration?
The 21st Annual Diversity Celebration took place April 5-7 and has extended throughout the month of April. This year we welcomed 25 events and programs sponsored by campus partners including:
- Community-Engaged Leadership
- Campus Activities
- University Recreation
- Multicultural Center
- Women’s Center
- Henderson Springs LGBTQ+ Center
- Office of International Education and Development
- University Libraries
- University Housing
- Turchin Center for the Visual Arts
- Walker College of Business
- The Schaefer Center
- And several student organizations.
The Diversity Celebration Planning Committee hosted several featured events that focused on the theme of storytelling through various means.
- Storytelling Through Dance, a performance and participatory experience
- Concert with the band Weston Estate
- Virtual Book Tour with Leah Thomas featuring her newest book Intersectional Environmentalist
- Storytelling Workshop and Storytelling with award-winning performer Dr. Ray Christian
- Diversity Celebration Festival with iBackApp Campaign raising funds for diversity-related efforts
- Storytelling through Film Workshop and Documentary Screening of More Than a Word with award-winning filmmaker Dr. John Little
The 21st Annual Diversity Celebration would not be possible without the work of our planning committee and partners from across campus. If you are interested in serving on the planning committee next year or have ideas for programming, please email email@example.com.