The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 3/27/2020 at 5:59 p.m.
Posted 12:17pm, March 19, 2020. Updated 3:12pm on March 24, 2020.
SA Professional Advancement Council
The Student Affairs Professional Advancement Council is charged by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs to develop programs for faculty and staff in the Division of Student Affairs. The council meets on an as-needed basis. The council also encourages input on programs of interest for personnel in Student Affairs.
To enhance the personal and professional development of staff members within the Division of Student Affairs.
1. To offer programs and activities throughout the year.
- Outcome: Student Affairs minni-Conference once a year
- Outcome: Student Affairs End-of-Year Event
- Outcome: Division-wide speaker once a semester (relating to ongoing issues of Student Affairs)
- Outcome: Assisting with the planning of the Professional Development Series
2. To provide networking opportunities for staff in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Outcome: Creation of a semester-long book club
- Outcome: Creation of several social outlets throughout the year for new and continuing student affairs staff