Women in Leadership Fall 2021 Cohort
This fall, the Division of Student Affairs is offering a Women in Leadership (WIL) Track. This professional development opportunity will include a group of amazing women leaders who will share their own personal experiences, including successes and challenges, and so much more. We will be utilizing the book Dare to Lead by Brene' Brown to help facilitate these conversations. The purpose of this WIL cohort is to provide Student Affairs' women an opportunity to meet other women in leadership roles, share stories of accomplishments/challenges and to receive guidance/advice on their career journey.
There are a limited amount of seats, so please sign up as quickly as possible. Books will be provided to each participant. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Traci Royster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 Schedule
All sessions are on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
|Date / Time||Topic / Text|
|Tues., August 24th||Introduction and The Moment and the Myths|
|Tues., September 21st||Courage|
|Tues., October 19th||Shame and Empathy & Curiosity and Grounded Confidence|
|Tues., November 16th||Values & Trust|
|Tues., December 14th||Reflection, Next Steps and Learning to Rise|
Panelists include the following:
- Dr. Lori Gonzalez, Executive Vice President & Provost, University of Louisville (Louisville, KY)
- Dr. Virginia Hardy, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, East Carolina University (Greenville, NC)
- Ms. Barb Krause, J.D., retired Deputy General Counsel, Appalachian State University (Boone, NC)
- Dr. Jamie Parson, Interim Chief Diversity Office, Appalachian State University (Boone, NC)
- Mrs. Susan Pettyjohn, Senior Consultant, Washburn & McGoldrick (Hayes, VA)
- Mrs. Tracey Wright, Dean of Students, Emory and Henry (Emory, VA)