About The Nomination
A nomination and reference statement and/or letter must include the following:
- The nature and/or scope of the student's service which merit an outstanding designation
- Significant development and/or personal growth demonstrated throughout the effort
- Significant challenges faced, problems solved, or accomplishments made
- Ability to balance curricular and co-curricular challenges
- Contributions made to the unit that were outside of the stated position description
Deadline for Nominations: Monday, March 15, midnight.
More About This Award
This award is named for Bobby L. Dunnigan who served Appalachian State University in a variety of leadership roles finishing his career as the Director of Residence Life. This award is intended to recognize those students who are employed in the Division of Student Development at Appalachian State University and have distinguished themselves through the scope and quality of their service during their employment.
Esse quam videri is the North Carolina state motto and means “To Be Rather Than To Seem.” This award recognizes those students who have demonstrated exemplary service to Appalachian State University. Students nominated for this award should not have just fulfilled the expectation of a good employee, but rather have exceeded what has been expected and have taken on additional duties and responsibilities that have contributed to the success of the office or area.